If no build-over contract has been concluded, the seller should have a CCTV investigation carried out on the sewers and transmit the film equipment to the water company. If the water company is satisfied that the sewage disposal channel is in good condition, it will issue a comfort letter confirming that the sewage disposal channel is in satisfactory condition. The comfort letter usually convinces the buyer and their lender that the water company will not take any action to demolish the offensive structure above the public sewers. To obtain permission, you must conduct a CCTV study of the sewers (this must be paid for by the applicant and conducted by a company designated by Severn Trent Water). Once the CCTV survey has been completed, it must be sent to Severn Trent Water with the correct payment and a completed application form. Your application will be decided within 14 days. For more detailed information on public sewer construction, please visit this page on the Severn Trent Water website As a homeowner, you might consider expanding your home or building a winter garden or garage. Sometimes this type of work can affect the underground sewer pipes located inside the boundary of your property. Building on top of or near a sewage drain pipe can damage the pipe itself or your home. This could lead to increased costs for our customers and cause you significant disruption.

So, if you have sewer lines on your property, you need to consider the position, size and design of your work before you start and contact us before the work begins. The situation of many of the most important public sewers that were laid after 1937 is known by Severn Trent Water. Warwick District Council has a number of maps which are freely available to anyone wishing to check if there is a sewer near their property. Just arrive at the reception of Riverside House and ask for the canal cards for your address. Unfortunately, the old sewers (laid before 1937) and the sewers set up in 2011 do not always know where they are going. Some of these ancient sewers are depicted on public canal maps, but many are not. This may be a problem with the extension, as sewers may only be located during construction work. If a public sewer is discovered during the work, an application must be made to Severn Trent Water if you are building above or within 3 metres. This may have increased along with the cost of application to the cost of construction work. Their work may require a building permit or building permit from the local authority. Some work is covered by the owners` authorized development rights or may not require approval of building rules (things like winter gardens, carports, and verands sometimes fall into this category).

There are two possible ways to get our consent if you want to build our sewers above or near: For more information on the difference between public and private sewers and private sewers, check out our sanitation site. We are responsible for the protection and maintenance of sewers in our area and it is really important that we protect them for all our customers and future generations….